Back in 2015, I made a New Year’s Resolution to write a blog. Okay actually, I made a New Year’s Resolution to try something new each month. And one of those months was going to be me writing a blog. Needless to say, none of that happened. I’m pretty sure I made it through January and February…. classic NY’s resolutioner right here.
But why didn’t I write a blog? That seems easy enough. I wasn’t even wanting followers or to make money, I just wanted to do it to do it. Well, truth be told, I figured no one wanted to hear what I had to say. My life isn’t fascinating: I am not traveling the world, I did not birth sextuplets (okay, any kids for that matter), I am not a professional or a genius at anything. So what am I?
I’m decent at volleyball, but not a professional.
I’m an extremely fresh entrepreneur, but I certainly can’t give advice on that (it would be like the blind leading the blind).
I’m not a photographer and very far from being any type of artist.
I don’t have a product to sell or something I feel so DIE HARD about that I must tell you all about.
So wait? Does all that make me unique? Nah. Not really. Not really at all. However, it does make me real & relatable.
What does real and relatable really mean? And is relatable even a word cause it’s annoying that I have a small squiggly red underline each time I type it. Eh, I’m rolling with it. Basically, I just want to give my two cents to this world that probably (most definitely) doesn’t need two more cents. So here is some content you can expect (and not expect) in blogs to follow:
- No Mom Crap. Excuse the harsh(?) language. But my goodness gracious, I am so sick of all the blogs, how-to’s, tips and tricks, and social media accounts dedicated to moms. Like how to burn fat while being a mom? How to make money while being a mom? How to craft a delicious mom cocktail? Ohhhhhhhh I can’t even. And what the actual crap is a mom cocktail? I don’t know, probably something incredibly strong (which in that case, count me back in). But I get it… that’s their target market (oh how I love marketing), but it’s not mine. Believe it or not, there are some of us out here who aren’t moms (and aren’t looking to become one anytime soon – if ever). Now moms, don’t be offended by this. It’s great that you are a mom! I love my mom! My best friends are moms. I just am not writing this blog catered to you, that’s all.
- Healthy cocktail (is that an oxy moron?) creations. Because honestly, there’s just not enough info like this out there. Okay actually there is, but they are all SO boring or full of fake sugar (which is definitely not healthy), so I’m going to bridge that gap. I’m constantly asking bartenders to make me a low calorie drink – and now I am here to share some of the best!
- A little bit of my workouts here & there – when I have a particularly good one. I use to be the girl spending an hour plus in the gym because I thought I had to for a good workout. Well now screw that, I need to get over to happy hour. So my workouts have been fast and effective.
- The blues and beauty (does anyone say that?) of starting a new business. Yup, I quit my job (which probably gives me the time to write this blog). So now I will be sharing with you the ins and outs of this process. It’s going to be ugly and it’s going to be beautiful. I can’t wait.
- Real life money talk. I hate that things like money are a topic that is all hush hush but everyone openly talks about sex. Why in the world is that a thing? Why can I know what position you tried out this week but not how much you earned this week? Seriously, someone (ANYONE) shed some light on this for me? Why can’t we talk about money more? It’s important, and heaven forbid you declare that you have money or that you are broke. Time for that to end. I AM BROKE, people. Phew, got that off my chest. I quit my job, I have no money, and I am making it work – and I want to share it with you.
- Absolutely NO trying to get you to join any type of pyramid scheme or whatever you want to call it. People in the schemes will be angry that I called it that, but then again… this blog isn’t for them. Like for the love of all that is good and holy – can’t a girl get some workout tips, dinner recipes, or just a protein shake recipe without having to sell my soul? That’s dramatic, but my lanta – I do not want to join your team, I do not want to try your product for just a small fee, I do not want to be a coach, a distributor, or whatever weird thing your amazing, life changing (barf) business calls it. I am not interested.
- However, that being said, I will be giving some product reviews of stuff I really loved and tried out. I find blogs like that incredibly helpful, and I always appreciate them. They do it just because, not because they were paid to or are trying to recruit more zombies to their tribe. Ugh, barf at the word tribe.
- And finally, some relationshit… I mean, relationship stories. I am not married, I do have a super great boyfriend, and I have dated quite a few people. And I have some real tips and advice that I would like to share that I know you won’t listen to and you’ll continue being miserable. Don’t kid yourself, we all know it’s true. The more women I come across, the more I find that all have had that one toxic relationship. Time to share our stories and tips to save the next lady!
So, that’s what I am going to write about in a nutshell. Stay tuned till tomorrow, people, because I have 26 years of pent up feelings I am dying to release.